INTRAMURAL COACHING CODE OF CONDUCT
“Treat your players the way you would like to be treated by a coach”
- Teach players fair play: integrity, fairness and respect.
- Set an example of good behavior at all times.
- Show up for games and practices on time and dressed appropriately.
- Communicate with the players families, don’t expect them to assume anything
- Set goals for the players…both short term & long term
- Teach the players good sportsmanship.
- Give each player a reasonable amount of playing time (at least 50% of each game)
- Recognize and reward achievements other than the scoring of goals.
- Inform parents of any injuries their son/daughter might have suffered.
- Take advantage of coaching clinics to develop your skills.
- Promote respect, through your words and actions for the rules of the game, the officials and their decisions, your opponents, teammates, and parents.
- Be reasonable in scheduling of practices and make-up games.
- Always be positive and constructive in your words and actions
- Be prepared for your practices and plan ahead of time what you want to cover.
- Be selective in the amount of instruction you give during the game. Let the player play.
- Do not yell at or ridicule your players.
- Refrain from any physical contact with players (hugging, picking up, etc.) except in the event of an injury when a player may need assistance leaving the field.
Oceanside United Soccer Club expects all of its coaches to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Guidelines contained in this document. Failure to do so could result in OUSC disciplinary actions.
Verbal or physical abuse/harassment of any players, parents, or officials will not be tolerated. Any coach who physically abuses another person will be suspended for the remainder of the season and may be disqualified from participation in OUSC’s program in the future.
For more information or questions, please call our Soccer Hotline at (516) 764-FEET (3338).